Monday, March 1, 2010

Authors and bloggers and eels, oh my!

So, Friday night I got no sleep. None. Not one measly hour. Blame nerves, blame excitement, blame Assassins Creed II and the eight-ish cans of Mt. Dew that I consumed before bed, but last night, this was me:



















So I was kinda tired come Saturday morning. (I almost fell asleep in my eggs.) But it didn't matter, because that afternoon, I went to Borders to meet three awesome people. Kristi (The Story Siren), Chelsea (The Page Flipper), and Susan (Waste Paper Prose). They are all troopers who drove through the Snowpocalypse to see little ol' me.

They are also troopers for going to a sushi place, and watching in horror as a whole eel was brought out. Pictures were taken of said eel, though I do not have them. They might pop up on Chelsea, Susan, or Kristi's blogs. Try not to be horrified.

Then we went to Borders for my first signing, and many pictures were taken, despite my attempts to hide. (Pics were taken by the lovely and talented Susan of Waste Paper Prose. Thanks, Susan!)


































































































Yes, I am well aware that I have chipmunk cheeks, and that I squint. Can't help it, I'm Asain, lol! But we met lovely Tenners Kelly Creagh and Jessica Leader, and there was a fairly large turnout, much more than I expected. So I was happy, and I got to meet so many cool people, always a big plus. (Also, I'm sure my Mt. Dew addiction will show up on someone's blog, so I don't need to mention it here.)

Okay, fine. Here's a Mt. Dew picture.



















So, thank you everyone who came, who struggled through waist-deep snow to see me, who braved the evil eel sushi and weird Mt. Dew pictures. Y'all are my heroes. Thanks again.

And then I went home and did this:

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and posting the pics! Sorry you didn't get any sleep, but who can blame you? Looks like it was a fun time had by all, though! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you a great time! I'm glad your first signing was a good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish that I could've been there! Too far for me though. Maybe another time. Glad you had such a good turnout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics looks like a blast hope to see you at a signing soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean, I know there weren't many photos of me because I was taking them, but really? :)

    It was an awesome signing Julie, eel and all. I will be sure to include our friend the eel when I put up my post/contest this afternoon.

    Congrads! You survived!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! And look, Susan, I found the group pic. See, see? Lol. :D

    Mmmm, and you should have tried the eel. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun time! So sorry to have missed it. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time!! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had such a great signing!! Come to TX :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you guys had an absolutely blast! *cries* I wish I could've been there! Now you need to have another signing so I can go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I how I wish I was there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I could have been there! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun :)
    If you're ever in NH...you know...because you got bored one day and decided to come visit - be sure to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pictures! You're all so adorable! :-)

    So glad it was a success and jealous I couldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hiiii! I knew your blog while I read a contest of your book (I can't enter cause isn't international XD) anyway I'm so glad to find your blog and just want to comment that the reviews of your book are great so congratulations!, let me tell you the Cats images are so nice and funny! >//< love cats! by the way, the cover of your book is awesome!!! send hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh what a blast! I really hope that you do come to NY sometime. I need to glomp you and spray you with monistat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, eel is SO GOOD. Even better than salmon sashimi, which is saying something because I LOVE salmon sashimi. Congrats on your first signing! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a great time and may your future signings be just as successful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE LOVE LOVE eel!!!
    I hope you liked it!

    Thank you! Ash4ever!

    ReplyDelete